All windows stop working and lights on window switch stop...

Q: All windows stop working and lights on window switch stop working. It makes a buzzing sound. Its fixed by banging on the door.

asked by on February 22, 2018

Driver side window will stop working. Makes a buzzing sound and lights on switch go out. While this happens none of the other windows work by their switch or driver side switch. I bang on the door and everything works again. Could this just be the driver side window switch needs replaced? Thanks in advance!

If you are able to get the circuit to work by "jarring" it, that means there is a loose connection somewhere. To figure out where the loose connection is (it could be in wiring, a terminal or a component such as the switch) will require removing the inner door panel and performing some electrical tests. The fault should be easy to find. To resolve this, the recommended service to request is an electrical component/circuit diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.