Q: Cigarette lighter fuse blows while replacing it, what will cause this?

The cigarette lighter blew out so while trying to replace the fuse it blows out while putting it in. Now I can't pass DEQ. What will cause this and how can I fix it?

There is at least 4 different systems that this truck has for the cigarette lighter power adapters. Most of the time, it is something that is being plugged into the adapter or the adapters are shorted. You should look in the outlet to see if anything is shorting it out and remove any power adapter chargers for phones or anything else. If you see anything wrong with the adapter, then remove it and disconnect wire connector and see if the fuse still blows. If it does, then a mechanic may need to examine your wiring system in person to identify and trace the short.

• Cigarette lighter fuse blows while replacing it, what will cause this?