Q: My battery is dead and my traction control button does not work.

i jump started my car and the engine light began to light up and hasn't turned off after like a 30 min drive. is that normal? also i spilled water in my traction control button and it's not working how can i fix that

The water spill onto or inside the traction control button may very well have shorted the electrical components inside the button switch. This may need to be taken apart and either replaced or cleaned out to fix.

Your check engine light may come on for many different reasons such as a faulty mass air flow sensor, a faulty O2 sensor, a bad catalytic converter, bad spark plugs or wires and many other reasons. Unfortunately due to the wide range of possibilities for the check engine light to come on, the best way to narrow down the scope of what may be causing this is to have the vehicle hooked up to a scanning tool to download any potential fault codes that may have registered in the computer. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your check engine light to come on.

3. My battery is dead and my traction control button does not work.