Q: I hear a knocking when stopping.

I hear a knock/clunk noise from the front of my car when braking. I only hear it when going forward and pressing the brake pedal.

Q: Engine shutting down.

Thank you for your inquiry. There are different options to take into consideration with diagnosing this issue. A restriction in the fuel delivery system is a likely cause. The fuel builds too slowly, enough to start the vehicle, but not...

Q: Engine vibration

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Volkswagen Passat. You should scan the engine computer to see if you are getting a misfire code for one of the cylinders. From what you've described you may have a defective coil or...

Q: Where is Crankshaft Position Sensor on 2011 VW Routan with 3.6L engine?

The crankshaft position sensor is located in the right rear of the engine block. There is a protective shield that needs to be removed for access to the sensor.