Q: I hear a knocking when stopping.

I hear a knock/clunk noise from the front of my car when braking. I only hear it when going forward and pressing the brake pedal.

Q: I went through a car wash with my diesel fuel cap open. I had just filled up. What do I do

Hello. If you are afraid that water or moisture has possibly found its way into your fuel tank, then I would consider draining and refilling the tank. Your vehicle should be equipped with a fuel filter that can catch some...

Q: All gear lights on, has a lot of trouble accelerating

Have the transmisison control module scanned for fault codes. There may still be something else causing some of your issues like a broken wire somewhere may a faulted module itself. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic to...

Q: Will my car be able to be fixed? 2013 VW Passat

Hello - This task is best handled by a collision repair estimator at a reputable paint and body shop. S/he is trained to evaluate visible and not-so-visible damage, and the costs to repair. Unfortunately, this is not a service YourMechanic.com...