Q: I hear a knocking when stopping.

I hear a knock/clunk noise from the front of my car when braking. I only hear it when going forward and pressing the brake pedal.

I have an oil leak and dealership is telling me can't be fixed

Hey there. I have never heard of an oil leak that cannot be fixed. Even if the engine had to be replaced. The oil leak can be fixed. I recommend having a different mechanic give a diagnosis of the leak...

My car is taking a lot of water and smoking when opened up??

If the car is using coolant and you can't find any leaks, it must be going out the tailpipe; and that would certainly explain the smoke. But it could also be that the coolant is leaking and evaporating just as...

Jumpstarting does not start battery.

Sometimes a battery can be so undercharged that no matter what battery is trying to jump it, it just wont be enough. I recommend having your battery replaced or having a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, try jumping the battery...

My car make noise like the brakes are wet when trying to brake slowly

The material in the brake pads can make noise intermittently or all the time. What you're hearing is most likely a normal noise if the brakes are new or fairly new. If you have not had a brake check in...

SUV hesitates when driving slowly and accelerating

If you have water in the gas, then you will have problems with the way it runs. I recommend having a fuel sample tested to see if you have water in the fuel. If you have an aftermarket air filter...

Squealing loudly when driving up to 60 km an hour

Hello, the noise you are hearing may be brake system related. The brake pads located by the tire area have audible sensors to indicate the pads need to be replaced. I recommend getting a brake inspection done as soon as...

I believe one of my ignition coils is bad, how can I test to see which one is bad?

The only way to determine exactly which ignition coil is damaged is to have a professional mechanic complete a diagnostic scan and download all error codes. The OBD-II error codes will pinpoint the source of engine issues. Having a mechanic...

Car shakes at 40-6- mph and brakes squeak

You have a brake rotor that is warped causing the vibration since the vibration is only when you hit the brakes it is then in the brakes. To narrow it down when you brake, do you feel it more in...

I changed the secondary air pump and the check valve and I still have a code of p0411 what do I do next

If you didn't already erase the code, try that and see if the code comes back. If it does, the remaining causes of code P0411 include air lines that are faulty, the air injection system has excessive carbon buildup and/or...