Q: I hear a knocking when stopping.

I hear a knock/clunk noise from the front of my car when braking. I only hear it when going forward and pressing the brake pedal.

Hood won't open or close

There is a fault with the latch and/or the cable actuator. Hood misalignment, if severe, can cause this issue as well. The whole latch assembly and mechanism should be inspected for damage, cleaned and lubricated to resolve this. If you...

Battery not charging

Hello. Several things can be causing this. Have your battery load tested. Most battery sellers do the load test for free. If it is good, then check the alternator output with a meter on the battery terminals. The meter should...

Possible electrical issue - 2008 Dodge Avenger

Hello, thanks for writing in. A battery at 45% power is a bad battery. If it takes a charge and then is back to "45%" within hours, the battery is not holding a charge correctly. There is possibly a parasitic...