Q: Knocking noise coming from the crankshaft

About 6 months ago I had to get my heads rebuilt due to a water leak . after the car was finished I drove it around for 3 months and than a knocking noise occurs yes the oil was low and yes the fuel injectors are faulting. check engine light is on..I'm not sure on what it might be . but getting the heads rebuilt is the same as getting the engine rebuilt isn't it??

The cylinder heads are one part of the complete engine package. As such, when they are rebuilt, other critical components such as connecting rods, bearings, pistons and cylinder sleeves are not replaced. If your head gasket broke, causing water to leak into the engine, that may have caused some of the other engine components inside the block to fail or wear out prematurely. This may be the source of your knocking issues however it also may be caused by low oil pressure or low oil levels. To be certain, you should contact a professional mechanic to complete an engine is knocking inspection so they can pinpoint the source of your issues and suggest the right corrective action.

3. Knocking noise coming from the crankshaft