Q: Transfer case will not lock front drive line in for 4 wheel drive.

Took motor switch off transfer case manually locked 4wheel drive in, Front driveline spins free. What would cause this issue and how much to repair it?

Hi there. Sounds like the chain in the transfer case has broken. If your transfer case has gears, then the gears may have broke off or ground down the teeth. Also, the syncronizer slider in the transfer case could have ground down the teeth causing the 4WD not to activate properly. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transfer case.

3. Transfer case will not lock front drive line in for 4 wheel drive.