Q: Is there a crankshaft seal similar to a 11389-54l00

Crankshaft seal is shot. It'll will take a few days to order one. is there an alternative seal I could use for now. I'm stranded in a town that I'm not from

Unfortunately, you will have to wait for the seal to arrive. Multiple companies will make a seal for your car, but that doesn’t mean they are available in the small town you are in. I assume you have your car in a shop and aren’t replacing the seal yourself. This being the case, shops usually stick to a few suppliers. There are business reasons for doing so that you are not necessarily tied to. You could call around to other parts stores and find out if they have a seal in stock for your car. Keep in mind, cheaper seals are not necessarily a good idea. You could easily install a lower quality seal and end up needing to replace it sooner than later.

The short answer is there isn’t an alternative seal, but there are possibly ones available from other parts stores with the same brand or another. This of course is dependent on what city you are in. If it is a small town, you will be stuck waiting, which is worth it if they are supplying you with a quality part. Have the car towed to a safe place and then have the correct crankshaft seal replaced on your car.

3. Is there a crankshaft seal similar to a 11389-54l00