Q: Engine will crank but not catch. .

"Rurr-rurr-rurr" noise. Was driven 40 miles with no problem, 20min later will not start. Sounds like it is trying, battery full, gas tank full. New plugs and wires. Oil good, needs a new oil filter.

Hello. The most common causes of this occurring with your vehicle is a bad crankshaft position sensors or a failure in the timing belt. Both of these will cause this to occur. I usually start with a compression test on a few cylinders. If there is little to no compression then the timing belt has failed. If there is compression then I use my scan tool to check for codes and to see if there is a crank signal. If there is then I move on to checking fuel pressure to see if the fuel pump has failed. If you are planning on having this no start issue checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.