Q: I have a 2009 Scion xB and replaced the alternator. The engine is slightly shaking drove it around and the car was turning off on

asked by on July 11, 2017

Replaced the alternator on a 2009 Scion xB. There's 3 connection that go on the alternator. I noticed on the top connection that I ripped off the black wire where the black and red wire are connected. The air conditioning doesn't seem to be working and the car has a shaking when it's idling. Is this why it's shaking and how do I move forward on fixing this problem?

Hello, thank you for writing in. As to the alternator wires, we cannot determine if they are connected correctly without an inspection. A weak electrical supply would cause the engine to run poorly. The air conditioner may or may not be related to the alternator, but they do share the drive belt as a common component. You may want to check the belt as well to make sure it is tight. If the shaking started occurring after the alternator repair, verify the belt is mounted correctly. Then verify the electrical connections and their routing. For more help contact our service department to schedule an appointment.