Q: Dash showing "Check Brake System" and "Service Advance Trac" after trouble code deleted.

Hello I have a 2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 with the 5.0L. My friend borrowed my truck to move and he said my check engine light came on. He used his personal OBDII reader and said it was my O2 sensor so he replaced it and deleted the code. However the truck was still running when he deleted the code. All of the sudden the service advance track and check brake system lights and warnings started showing on the information screen. Now every time I start the truck I get warnings flashing on my dash. How do I resolve this? Can I just pull the positive battery terminal off and do a hard reset or do I need to take it in to the shop? Any help would be appreciated.

You can try to do a battery reset to see if it helps but I would think that you will need to have a scanner that can access the ABS and traction control system so you can see why the light is coming on. You most likely have codes set that can be recorded and cleared then roar tested to see if the problem comes back and then have the problem diagnosed. The codes may have been induced by the aftermarket scanner or when the O2 sensor was repaired.