Q: My car accelerates slowly when first taking off and jumps when it shifts gears. What could it be?

When I take off it goes slow and seems like it gets stuck in gear while driving and revs for about 5 second then jumps into next gear

A: This may be related to low transmission flu...

This may be related to low transmission fluid or potentially a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you may know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car's computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear.

When this is faulty or not working properly, it can cause a delay in gear shifting or, in some cases, cause the car to not shift at all. I would recommend having an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why your car is shifting oddly and suggest the needed repairs.