Q: How do I adjust the side view mirrors of a 2012 Toyota RAV4?

How do I adjust the side view mirrors?

A: Like your rearview mirror, it’s important t...

Like your rearview mirror, it’s important that you’re able to adjust your side view mirrors correctly. They should be adjusted so that you see almost nothing of your vehicle, and are able to see the cars behind and to the side of you. Here’s how to do it in your vehicle:

1. Make sure the ignition is on or turned to the accessory position.

2. Locate the mirror controls on the driver side door.

3. Choose the left or right mirror (press L or R on the switch).

4. Use the direction pad to move the mirror up, down, left or right to get the right view (the direction pad is found behind the gearshift on the center console).

5. Repeat these steps for the other mirror.

6. Press the center of the L/R mirror button to turn off the adjustment system.

Tips

• Always make sure to turn the system off or you might accidentally bump the direction button and throw off the mirrors

.

• Never adjust your side view mirrors while driving.

• To fold your mirrors in, push backward on the outside housing (toward the door). Pull the mirror out when you’re done. Never drive with your mirrors folded in.