Q: I had seat covers put on my Jeep. The airbag lights came on.

My air bag light stays on. when they went to put seat covers on my 2010 jeep liberty they had to take off the headrests and there was a cable holding it. they looked in the manual and could find nothing about so they cut it. now my light stays on all the time. does it hurt to drive it

Hey there. This vehicle has air bag system active head restraints. Cutting the wires caused the air bag system to set codes for the head rests and disable the complete air bag system. You will need to replace the head rests for any that had the wires cut. Of course, you could still drive the car with an air bag light, but would be at incredible risk for serious or fatal injury in the event of a crash. My best recommendation would be to take the car to the local dealer to have this taken care of.

3. I had seat covers put on my Jeep. The airbag lights came on.