Q: Clutch problems

When the car is on and I press the clutch, it sticks all the way to the floor. I literally have to reach down and release it by hand. Imagine having to do this between gears! Please tell me what to do to get this fixed.

You will need to have the clutch system checked to see if you have a leak, or if the clutch master cylinder leaks internally by the cups. If the master cylinder is okay and the return is not blocked, then the clutch release mechanism needs to be checked to see if it is releasing the clutch.

If the clutch pressure plate is binding or has very little return tension, then the clutch will need to be replaced. I suggest having a qualified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come to you home or place of business to inspect your clutch going all the way to the floor.