Q: My car is experiencing intermittent low beam headlight malfunction

asked by on October 28, 2016

where is low beam headlight relay located? can you provide image showing location?

The headlights on this vehicle are controlled by a multiplex integrated control unit (MICU) located under the left side of the dash on fuse panel. The MICU contains all the headlight controls inside as an assembly and the low beam relay is an integral part of the module. The most common cause of the problem you are having is going to be the light bulbs drawing too much power as they age or the incorrect bulb was installed.

Have both front headlight light bulbs replaced first then recheck the lights to see if the problem continues. If it does then have the lighting system checked further by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to isolate the problem to a component in the system or an electrical wiring problem. This is not very common and suspect the headlight bulbs will fix the problem for you.