Q: Revving out of control

My car has 7500 on it. I was coming to a stop, and the engine revved like it was out of control. The car wanted to keep moving! I slammed on the brakes to stop it. I put the car in park and turned it off. I turned it on again in park and the engine revved up again. I turned it off again. I waited until traffic cleared and turned the car back on. It seemed OK, but I had it towed to the dealer. The computer scan showed no problem, but I am afraid to drive it. What do you recommend?

It sounds like you may have an issue with your idle air control valve on your 2011 BMW 328i. The idle air control valve is responsible for keeping the RPMs within a certain range during idling at a stop. If the idle air control valve is malfunctioning, this can cause the RPMs to rise. When the RPMs rise while the vehicle is in gear, the vehicle will lunge forward causing the symptoms you are experiencing. The idle air control valve usually will not throw a code when it fails. I would recommend having your idle air control valve tested and replaced as necessary.