Q: Noise from the tires when driving

My tires are making a very odd noise. All my tires have normal wear, however the tread is separated on two of them. What is causing the strange sounds from my tires?

A: If you have two tires that are coming apart...

If you have two tires that are coming apart, it's safe to say that this is the cause of the noise. Now we just need to figure out why the tires are separate to begin with. This is typically caused from age (over three years), overloading the tires, or excessive heat from running low on pressure with a load on the vehicle.

Have the tires looked at for a possible warranty with the tire manufacture. If you want a second opinion on this, have the vehicle looked at by a qualified mechanic who can pinpoint the source of the sound you're experiencing.