Q: My jeep won't go over 30 mph. Where is the speed sensor located?

Well i know its the speed sensor but what i want to know is where is it located at

A: Hello and thank you for contacting Your Mec...

Hello and thank you for contacting Your Mechanic. There are two speed sensors on your jeep's transmission. There is an input speed sensor and an output speed sensor. The input speed sensor tells the computer what speed is the engine in relation to the road speed. The output speed sensor tells the computer the speed of the tail shaft in relation to the road speed. This sensor also lets the driver know of the road speed with the speedometer on the dash. The output speed sensor is the sensor you need to replace and it is locate on the tail shaft section of the transmission. If your jeep is four wheel drive, then the sensor will be on the tail shaft of the transfer case. If you need further assistance in locating the output speed sensor, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you locate it.