Q: Error code P144C.

The Check Engine light is on due to error code P144C, Evaporative Emission System Purge Check Valve Performance.

Evaporative Emission Control Canister Replacement $180.77 - $1023.67 Get a Quote

This code refers to the purge valve on the charcoal canister, this valve is supposed to be closed until the pcm opens it, if the computer doesn’t see flow through the valve when is should it will set this code. Have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, verify that this is the problem and replace the valve if necessary.