Q: hello, i was just informed that my actuator for my heat/air needs to be replaced. I see from other internet sites that people with

asked by on October 23, 2017

hello, i was just informed that my actuator for my heat/air needs to be replaced. I see from other internet sites that other chevy customers are have the same problems in their cars and trucks. Mine is a 2014 Chevy Captiva Sport. Is there a recall or something for so many people to have this problem? It's gonna cost me $1500.00 to have it fixed at the dealers. I have my warranty but doesn't cover they say. Thanks for you input, Kathy

The manufacturer will not have a recall on anything that does not pose a safety hazard to the vehicle or persons when operating the vehicle. You will need to contact your warranty company directly to get them to look at covering the repair if your contract says it is a covered part. Otherwise you will need to pay for the repairs. If you feel the price is too much then have a second opinion by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr