Q: Car shaking over 50 MPH

My car starts shaking when I go over 50 MPH. I also hear a squeaking noise whenever I press the gas pedal.

A: A shaking or vibration can be caused by a n...

A shaking or vibration can be caused by a number of problems. If it starts shaking above 50 mph and also makes noise when you accelerate then most of the time it is due to a worn out engine mount. If you have a bad mount then the engine can move when driving and this will occur. It can also because by a worn out steering component also but that is not as common. The car needs to be put in the air and checked for any loose parts and then the mounts should be checked. I would enlist the help of a certified mechanic who has the experience to diagnose your car's shaking issue, like one from YourMechanic.