Q: 2001 Ford Taraus, warning light that looks like gear for a chain on bicycle.

What warning symbol that looks like a bicycle gear for the chain

Hey there. The symbol you are describing is for a problem in the transmission. The transmission can have several issues such as slipping problems, hard shifting, stuck gears, or internal damage. If you need a diagnosis of the warning light, have a local expert inspect the transmission as soon as possible to prevent further damage.

• 2001 Ford Taraus, warning light that looks like gear for a chain on bicycle.