Q: Trouble

I have a 2007 holden astra the engine light has been coming on and off randomly. When its off the car drives great when its on i find it doesnt speed up when accelerating, it revs high, the car also has like a jerking feeling like its going to stall, when im on a flat road and its jerking and i accelerate it gets a little worse and also when idling at traffic lights

A: You may be having an intermittent misfire, ...

You may be having an intermittent misfire, which will make the check engine light go on and off when it is misfiring. Have the computer scanned and it should let you know what cylinder is misfiring, or if there is another problem. If it is misfiring, your car uses a large ignition coil that includes all 4 ignition coils in a single assembly often called an ignition cassette. If there are any other faults besides misfire faults, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can help you diagnose the issue. If you're outside the US, then I would suggest finding another qualified technician to help you scan your computer and diagnose your car.