Q: MY MECHANIC GETS ALL ERRORS WHEN DOING A COMPUTER DIAGNOSTIC CHECK. HE THINKS IT MAY BE COMPUTER IS MALFUNCTIONING. HE CAN DO NOTH

ELECTRICAL SHUT DOWN TO IGNITION. ALREADY CHECKED ALL FUSES AND COMPUTER FUSES. CRANK SENSOR REPLACED. VEHICLE IS 2005 TUCSON, 221000 MILES, I AM ORIGINAL OWNER AND HAVE KEPT UP WITH ALL MAINTENANCE. PRIOR TO THIS VEHICLE ALWAYS WORKED WELL.

Hi there. It is very rare for an ECU to fail completely, unless something dramatic happens to cause this to occur; such as attaching battery cables backwards or flood damage / excessive exposure to water. Unfortunately, the best way to resolve this issue is to have a local dealership inspect your Hyundai. Replacing ECU’s is not something that should be done by an authorized dealer or service repair center. It’s not a service our professional mobile mechanics offer.

3. MY MECHANIC GETS ALL ERRORS WHEN DOING A COMPUTER DIAGNOSTIC CHECK. HE THINKS IT MAY BE COMPUTER IS MALFUNCTIONING. HE CAN DO NOTH