What type of engine oil should I use? altima oil nissan 2012

Q: What type of engine oil should I use?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What type of engine oil should I use?

Engine oil lubricates the engine and helps prevent harmful friction from developing. The right type of oil is necessary as well. While all oils work in the same way, using an oil that is too thick or too thin can cause damage, can reduce fuel economy and cause other problems. Your car is designed to use 5W-30. You can use any engine oil with a rating of 5W-30 so long as it carries the seal of the American Petroleum Institute. This is the only oil weight/viscosity recommended for your engine.