Q: Q: vacuum leak

Hi,

I recently installed an aftermarket cold air intake and tuned the car. I have had many occurrences of code p0300 and Bama tuning recommended I do a crank relearn which I did.

I also sent BAMA a datalog afterwards and they said I might have a vacuum leak and my car is correcting 10% (and something about fuel?). They said at idle, I'm running lean.. They suggested a smoke test. Since the car is only a little over a year old and I purchased it brand new, does a vacuum leak sound reasonable? Any suggestions on proceeding with a smoke test or other methods of diagnosis? Another mechanic said he thinks the "leak" is due to the plastic tapered tube part of the cold air intake and tightened it up well.

Hi there. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with aftermarket upgrades and tech questions as you’ve listed above. We only offer OEM service, tips and maintenance suggestions for cars, trucks and SUV’s sold in the US. Thanks for contacting us though.

3. Q: vacuum leak