Q: P0016 and P0018 keep popping up.

P0016 and P0018 keep popping up with none of the problems mentioned in the article. Could it just be the OCV valve?

Hi, thanks for writing in. These codes are both camshaft and crankshaft correlation codes. While these codes can be caused by a faulty sensor, more often they indicate a problem with the engine timing components. This could be anything from a stretched timing chain to a failed oil control valve, as you mentioned. The oil control valve solenoid is used to apply hydraulic pressure to the camshaft actuators to adjust engine timing. A problem with the engine timing can result in engine damage, so I suggest you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose this problem as soon as possible.