Q: Car starts, but won't go forward

The car has been parked in a carport in Miami for three months. It starts, but when I put it into gear, it won't drive. The car only has 106,000 miles on it and was completely overhauled a year ago. Could the transmission fluid need replacing.

A: The fluid would not be an issue unless the ...

The fluid would not be an issue unless the fluid has leaked out. The transmission fluid shouldn't need to be changed or flushed out in this case. The transmission front pump may have failed due to leaking internal seals. The transmission pressures would need to be checked to determine if the transmission is building the necessary amount of hydraulic pressure. I recommend having the pressures checked by a qualified mechanic to see if the transmission needs overhauled in order to fix this issue.