Q: 88 Grand Prix 2.8L. Idles fine in park but won't go over 2k rpms. Idles fine in drive but won't go over 30mph or 2k rpms

Idles fine in park but won't go over 2k rpms. At 2k sputters bad. In drive won't go over 30mph & if rpms get to 2k sputters loses power badly. Replaced, IAC,tps, plugs, wires, throttle body, catalytic converter, ignition module, coil packs. It's like it's in limp mode. Any help will be appreciated.

Hello, thank you for writing in. Everything you have done so far will only improve the performance once this issue is resolved, so do not loose hope yet. The only system it would appear you have not looked into would be the fuel system. If the fuel filter is clogged, you will only get a small amount of fuel at a time through it. This will also cause pressure to the pump and the rest of the system, which could have caused the fuel pump to fail or wear down as well. You will want to look into testing your fuel pressure, or replace these as well. If you replace the pump, you have to replace the filter. You can do the filter by itself if you wish. For more help with testing or the repair, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. 88 Grand Prix 2.8L. Idles fine in park but won't go over 2k rpms. Idles fine in drive but won't go over 30mph or 2k rpms