Q: Engine light on code reads gas too lean what does that mean

engine light on code reads gas too lean what does that mean?

Hi There, When the engine is running too lean this means that there is not enough fuel getting to the combustion chamber to be ignited as the engine runs. This can cause many different problems such as the engine stalling or hesitating (due to a lack of fuel supply) or can cause the engine to run hotter than normal, also causing internal damage to engine parts. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle to determine what may be causing this lean fuel condition.