Q: What does the “Tire pressure monitor fault” warning mean in the message center?

What does the “Tire pressure monitor fault” warning mean in the message center?

A: Your car includes some pretty advanced elec...

Your car includes some pretty advanced electronics, such as the Tire Pressure Monitoring system (TPMS). The TPMS is supposed to monitor the amount of air in each tire. However, if something goes wrong with the system, it will not be able to provide you with this information. If there’s a fault with the TPMS, you’ll see the TPMS light come on in the dash, as well as a warning in the message center that says, “Tire pressure monitor fault.” If the message does not clear, or continues to come back, have the car inspected.

Tip

Note that this warning is not related to tire pressure – it indicates a problem with the overall monitoring system.