Q: Pcm

asked by on September 09, 2016

Installed new pcm in Ford F-150 1997. Never had issue with codes or shifting gears until I put new one in. Check engine light is on and overdrive light is flashing. Code is reading p0707. Is this a faulty pcm or does it need to be updated to my truck?

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Ford F-150. I’m curious if you got the new PCM from the dealer. You should check if have the exact same part number on it. If the part numbers do not match and it was not purchased from a dealer then I would say it is a defective or wrong PCM. This code indicates that the transmission range sensor input is not working correctly. If you need some help with getting this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and diagnose the trouble code for an accurate repair.