Q: Clicking sound.

asked by on December 19, 2016

Tried starting the car wouldn't start, just clicking. Took the battery to autozone and said the battery was good 11.58 volts. Tried jump starting the car and no luck any suggestions 2013 kia optima

This is likely a problem with something on your starter called a starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.