Q: Best place to put sound damping/insulation in car

Where is the best or essential place to place your sound dampening or insulation in car? is it the floors or door panel or side panels of cars?

Hi Bazil. Thanks for sending your question today. I think you’ll find the best results in reducing road noise by adding sound dampening insulation on floorboards. However, this also raises potential safety concerns, as adding additional material to these areas can increase heat and cause potential fire danger. It’s always best to let professional test drive the vehicle, determine where the majority of noise is coming from and create a customized solution to resolve.

3. Best place to put sound damping/insulation in car