Q: Door will not unlock

asked by on February 04, 2016

My driver's door was working normally until it was shut hard. After locking it with the remote, it stays locked. I can also hear the door actuator buzzing differently than the other doors. Also, the rocker switch located by the window switch panel moves in and out with the remote, just like the other three doors do.

Door does not lock or open Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi. If the door stopped working after it was shut hard, then the door lock actuator rod may have come off of the actuator or the actuator failed. It can also be due to the main switch assembly failing. Both of these are common on this vehicle. A mechanic would start by removing the door panel and checking the connections at the actuator to see if they are fine. If they are, then they would use a voltage meter to diagnose the circuit. This would probably lead to the switch being bad. I would have your door lock inspected by a trained mechanic to make sure you get this issue resolved.