Q: Car overheating and leaking oil

My car has been sitting for over a year. The car overheats and leaks oil.

Hello, the first thing to do is check the oil level and get that correct and then diagnose the overheating concern. It will probably need to be jump started to get it going. The cause of the overheating must be diagnosed which could be mechanical or electrical. Examples of a mechanical failure would be a blown head gasket, or a cooling system leak. Examples of an electrical failure would be the cooling fan, sensor, or the wiring. You may need the aid of a mechanic who can perform testing to see what the cause of the overheating failure might be.