Q: Idle problem, engine shut off when I turn on AC.

asked by on July 03, 2016

Auto runs perfectly until I turn on the Air conditioner. Than it vibrates and shuts off. This problem occurred after I had the ignition switch replaced. Also the alternator was recently replaced. My AC compressor was replaced a year ago. I took my car back to the place where it was installed and was told that there is nothing wrong with my AC. I would appreciate some feed back to what the problem could be. Thank you.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The problem would need to be looked at firsthand to see why the A/C is causing the engine to stall out. It may be from low power to the computer, a faulty fuel pump due to bad connection, or a low battery. I’d suggest contacting a certified mechanic to diagnose the cause of the stalling problem and fix it accordingly. Good luck.