Q: My car is making a whistling sound when I drive

When I accelerate in my car it makes a loud whistling sound from the front of my car. I can hear it inside my car even when my windows are rolled up, but if I roll it down the whistle gets louder. It only started happening like a month ago. Its really annoying and I don't know what it could be!

It’s likely either an air leak involving the engine intake, an issue with a rotating pulley (typically in the accessory drive "circuit"), brake squeal due to wear indicators contacting the rotors, or possibly wind related noise due to something going on with a body panel or wind exposed vehicle component. The bottom line is a thorough, professional inspection of the vehicle will get the origin of the noise pinpointed and then resolved. If you desire such an inspection, please use YourMechanic’s vehicle noise diagnostic service request page and the responding certified mechanic will definitely find the origin of the noise and explain your repair options in detail. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the absolute best possible results.

3. My car is making a whistling sound when I drive