Q: 03 buick century p1810 code and wont shift into 3rd gear, transmission has been replaced

asked by on June 18, 2017

my century keeps pulling the p1810 code , I replaced the transmission with a used one with 91000 miles on it and my century is not going into 3rd gear and it is still pulling the same code , I am wanting to know the exact problem to get this code off.. the shop I took it to is suggesting its within the vehicle itself and not the transmission because it cant be a way 2 transmission has the exact same problem . please help me

Hi there. The major problem with ECU’s is that they don’t forget stored codes unless instructed to do so. This means that if you were getting this error code; which might be something wrong with the transmission control valve for the gear position sensor, or a compatibility problem between the different computers and the new transmission. In most cases it’s best to have the TCM and ECU reprogrammed when you have a new transmission installed to ensure you clear old codes and give your new transmission the best potential for success.