Q: Land rover over heating and check engine light flashing

It started with my check engine light flashing. Then my car started to shake, very lightly. The heater was blowing out cool air, no matter what. Finally, my car over heated. I would pull over and shut of the engine for 2 seconds, and the needle would go from at the red section, back to the middle. Haven't noticed any major leaks, though I think I may need an oil change. We tried to open the coolant reservoir, but it was hissing and bubble when we started to unscrew the cap, so we just didn't mess with it. What does it sound like the problem is? Helppp.

This is a result of your engine overheating which may be caused by a faulty thermostat. When this is stuck closed, this does not allow the coolant to flow through the motor properly. This may also cause the coolant to not circulate through the heater core which is what causes the heater to blow cold air. As the warm coolant circulates through the heater core, the heater blower motor blows the warm air through the vents inside the cab of the vehicle. When the coolant is not being circulated properly, the blower motor has no way of creating warm air to blow through the vents. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your cooling system.

3. Land rover over heating and check engine light flashing