Q: can a passenger assist handle be installed on the A pillar like on the 2012 explorer xlt?

the overhead placement of the assist handle is awkward-painful and of no use to my handicapped wife.

It may be possible to mount the grab handle on the a pillar, however, it would require modification to the a pillar panel, and welding a nut to the ’A’ pillar for the handle to attach to. This is not a repair that YourMechanic will be able to do but I suggest contacting a local body shop or even a hot rod shop that does custom stuff like this all the time to find out what the options are. They will most likely want to see the vehicle in person to determine if it is possible to do.

3. can a passenger assist handle be installed on the A pillar like on the 2012 explorer xlt?