Q: Power steering wheel too hard to turn

asked by on February 12, 2016

I can't steer my car. Turning the steering wheel is too hard. I also noticed an oil leak below my car.

Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If your steering wheel has suddenly become hard to turn, and a leak has appeared underneath your vehicle, it is very possible that it your power steering fluid has leaked, and has made your steering wheel hard to turn. Power assist steering, which uses hydraulic fluid, will not work correctly if the fluid has leaked out. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, check the vehicle out to determine the exact source of the leak, and diagnose the cause of your steering problem.