Q: Fuel vacuum line

Over the past month the "check engine" light comes on and a computer diagnosis indicates a fault in the vacuum line. The mechanic has been kind enough to reset the engine light 3 times now for me. Regardless of where I am on fuel level, the light returns after 4 to 5 days. My question, am I harming my engine in any way the longer I wait to fix the vacuum line? Is it a costly process?

A: We would need to know the exact code your v...

We would need to know the exact code your vehicle is setting. The code should have a complete pinpoint test done to locate the problem. Once the tests are done, then the system can be fixed. Driving the vehicle with the system running lean may cause problems in that it gives rise to additional codes and driving complaints.

Have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or business to determine the source of the Check Engine Light and perform any necessary repairs.