Q: Sulfur smell while flooring 2011 V6 Mitsubishi Outlander

What's the rotten egg sulfur smell I get when I floor my car? It's a 2011 V6 Mitsubishi Outlander.

First thing--start buying your gas somewhere else. Sulfur is created by sulfur burning in the gas and you are getting bad gas that has sulfur in it. That’s the only thing.

The only other thing that can make sulfur in the car is that your battery starts to get sulfated and goes bad and it will smell like rotten eggs and you end up with your battery and smell inside.

You are saying it’s every time you floor, and it’s because it starting to ruin your catalytic converter. Get gas in a different place and get some of that cater clean, concentrated catalytic converter cleaner and put in the gas tank and pray that it can clean the sulfur from your catalytic converter and that it hasn’t been ruined. If your Check Engine Light isn’t on yet, it hasn’t been ruined yet, so get it cleaned out and buy your gas somewhere else. To have this inspected, a technician from YourMechanic can diagnose your car’s smell and make the fixes to get rid of the stench.

3. Sulfur smell while flooring 2011 V6 Mitsubishi Outlander