Q: Jumping dead car battery but alarms keeps beeping? 2002 Honda Accord

why my car alarms starts to beep when i try to jump my car?

Hello - most modern cars "interpret" a battery swap as a possible theft attempt (i.e. hot wiring). To shut off the alarm each time a battery is replaced (or you jump it off from dead), shut the engine off in Park, close all doors, lock the doors from the driver door with the physical key (no remote lock). Re-open the door with the key in the lock, then start the car with the key. This should shut off the car alarm since you are doing all of this with the key. For assistance with the dead battery issues, I recommend a dead battery inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Jumping dead car battery but alarms keeps beeping? 2002 Honda Accord