Q: ignition cylinder missing due to theft

asked by on December 22, 2016

someone tried to steal my truck , and now i have a missing ignition cylinder , or tumbler ...whatever its called. i want to know if i can fix this using my original key and not have to pay for new reprogrammed key.

As long as you have an original key you can hold that key against the new key when you turn it on to run and then turn off ignition and within 5 seconds turn ignition back on with old key not near new key and it should program the new key to work and then turn off and install second new key and turn it on to program last key. If this does not work then you will need to have new keys programmed.