Q: Cracked Gearbox

I recently rear ended a BMW with my Honda Fit. Her bumper was pierced by my front bumper. However her Mechanic is claiming that it cracked her gearbox, is this possible?

Hello - how unfortunate for both of you. It is possible, since the engine/transmission of your Fit is very close to the front of your vehicle - but unlikely. You would have to impact the BMW all the way to the rear suspension subframe or differential to transfer much impact to the transmission (through the driveshaft). Difficult to comment on without pictures or a diagram of the impact - but not likely.