Q: Key is stuck inside ignition.

My key is stuck inside the ignition but is still able to turn, wheel is also stuck. When I get to the point in turning that the engine would rev up normally, the car just sat there doing nothing. Acting like it was still on.

Hi there. In order to help you, we need to know what year, make and model of vehicle you have. In general however, when the key is stuck in the ignition, it is due to the ignition lock cylinder being damaged. This is a part that can’t be fixed; it needs to be replaced. When this part fails, it can cause the steering wheel to lock up as you’ve described above. I would recommend having one of our mobile mechanics come to your location to complete a key is stuck in ignition inspection so they can pinpoint exactly what’s happening with your vehicle and recommend the right repairs to resolve this issue.

3. Key is stuck inside ignition.