Q: Only get heat when i rev up my car or push the gas. Other tham that i only get cold air coming out.

asked by on December 06, 2016

I only get heat when im driving or i eev up the car. Itnwoll not get warm just sitting there. Then when i do get heat i only get it out of the driver side vents and its cold on the passenger side. I do not have dual controls. And i have had it flushed and coolant filled. When i got it flushed the heat worked better for a cpuple days then went right back to doing the same thing. I have gotten so many different answers from people i just dint know what for sure to fix.

Heater is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You may have a clogged heater core that may be prohibiting the outer linings of the heater core to get hot. As you know, the heater core is a series of tubes that the coolant runs through that generates the heat from the warm coolant after circulating through the motor. These tubes can occasionally develop a buildup on the inner walls such that when the heater core is "flushed" this buildup on the inner walls of the lines remains and still allows the coolant to flow through the heater core. It is important to note that when the heater core is "flushed" it is possible to get good flow through the heater core while the inside walls of the heater core remain caked with buildup. As a result, the buildup on the inner walls prevents the temperature from rising to its capability due to the insulating effect of this buildup on the inner walls which will prevent the necessary heat transfer to properly heat the inside of the car. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your heater core.