Q: Check engine light

Hi mate I have a subaru wrx 1995 import. . With check engine light that stays on. car runs fine and drivin normal also good. but when I hit boost it holds back and don't go any fastest. ... I reset the ecu by taking battery leads of for a little while the check engine light goes of and car drives and pulls very well for a short time but then eventually light comes back on then the problem repeat's ..any ideas please

Hello, thank you for writing in. The check engine light illuminates when the vehicle’s computer runs tests and detects and issue. The vehicle is constantly running tests on every system in the vehicle. Therefore it is hard to determine which system the warning light may be related to. The first thing to do is read the codes which must be done with a scanner. Use the codes that are pulled to help direct you towards looking into certain components. With that being said, considering your symptoms, you are likely looking at a fuel, air, or spark issue. If the codes do not help, start testing for spark, fuel, pressure, and looking into the air intake further. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Check engine light